Sunday, October 15, 2017

A One-in-a-Million Shot

Seriously, WTF.

My passport was scheduled to expire early next year and the Department of State recommends renewing 9 months before that; and my driver license expiration was coming up and the Secretary of State recommends renewing several weeks early.

So I sent off my passport for by-mail renewal. And a week later I went for my license.

Sadly, I didn't read the license pamphlet and I couldn't get the enhanced license good for domestic air travel boarding because I did not have my passport to verify that I continue to be the person that I have been for the last 40 years of being in the driver license system.

And then less than a week after I renewed my license I received my new passport.

So I could have renewed my license a week earlier or a week later and have gotten my enhanced license. Now I need to use my passport for domestic air travel.

I couldn't have timed that on purpose if I'd tried.